Eighteen Connecticut museums in twelve communities will be participating in Museum Day Live! On September 23, offering free admission in a national initiative led by Smithsonian magazine and supported by Microsoft, to increase awareness of the assets that museums have to offer residents throughout the country.
Museum Day Live! is described as “an annual celebration of boundless curiosity.” Participating museums and cultural institutions across the country provide entry to anyone presenting a Museum Day Live! ticket. Individuals can get tickets on-line to any of the participating museums, simply by indicating the museum they intend to visit. A ticket specific to that museum is then downloaded, and recipients can either print the ticket or show it on their smart phones in many of the museums.
To get free admission, guests must present an official Museum Day Live! Ticket, which provides general admission for the ticketholder plus one guest. It is not valid for special exhibits, parking, IMAX film screening or any other offer.
Across the country, there are nearly 1200 participating museums, including 457 museums in the Northeast, 188 across the South, 402 in the Mid-West and 136 in the Western U.S.
Participating museums in Connecticut include:
- American Clock & Watch Museum
- Imagine Nation, A Museum Early Learning Center
- The New England Carousel Museum
NEW LONDONCustom House Maritime Museum
- Nine CT Communities Among Nation’s 500 Best to Start Small Business
- US DOT Looks to Future of Transportation Infrastructure, Taps College Consortium Including UConn for $14.2 Million Initiative
- Dangers of Distracted Driving Focus of New Documentary Produced in CT
- PERSPECTIVE - Surprise! Connecticut is a Great Place for Small Business
Categories by the numbers
Follow @CTNumbers on TwitterMy Tweets
your ideasIf there is news you'd like to see here, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org Please LIKE us on Facebook... click below: